Siri is Apple’s revolutionary digital assistant, allowing you to use voice commands to access your phone, such as making calls, sending messages, playing music, and researching topics, all without the need for manual typing.
Siri is exclusive to Apple mobile and tablet devices, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and the HomePod smart speaker. The assistant is powered by artificial intelligence (AI) technology and natural language processing (NLP), meaning it can recognize, interpret and respond to commands just as a human would.
Using Siri is easy, and all you need to do is hold down the Home button to activate it on your device. When you do this, a sound will be heard along with the text “What can I help you with?”, which lets you know that Siri is listening. From here, simply speak out the command that you’d like Siri to execute.
Siri contains tonnes of features and functions to make your life easier. A few of the most popular include:
• Voice Calling and Text Messaging: You can use Siri to make and receive calls or send and receive text messages without needing to type them out.
• Location Services: Siri can provide you with maps, directions and information on businesses in your local area.
• Calendar: Siri allows you to easily view and manage your appointments, upcoming events, reminders and more.
• Music: Listen to your favourite music, create playlists and even be notified when new songs are released.
Become a Sales & Marketing Rainmaker
Learn valuable skills to win more customers, grow your business, and increase your profits.
• Research: With Siri, you can ask questions about popular topics and receive results from the internet.
• Reminders: Create reminders for yourself to help keep track of tasks and deadlines.
• Home Devices: With Siri on your HomePod or other compatible device, you can control your home appliances and accessories, such as lighting and temperature.
Although most users broadcast commands to Siri simply for convenience, it’s worth noting that the AI technology underpinning the assistant is constantly improving. As such, you may find that Siri can be as effective (if not more) as a manual search. This leads us to highlight some tips on how to maximize your experience with Siri.
• Be Clear and Precise: When making a request to Siri, try and phrase it as clearly and concisely as possible. Using complex language or over complicating your request can lead to problems.
• Be Specific: Try and be as specific as possible when speaking with Siri, as this will help cut down the amount of irrelevant results that you receive back.
• Give Realistic Timelines: If you’re asking Siri to remind you to do something, make sure that you give it a realistic timeframe. For example, try and stay away from telling it to remind you in 30 days, as this won’t be achievable for most people.